The global economy is on a rebound and as time begins to heal those affected by the notorious 2009 recession, several markets including luxury goods have also seen a steady increase in sales and a more enthusiastic and positive feedback from the consumers. The rich and the insanely wealthy individuals have never run out of exclusive products for them to add to their collection and maintain their much desired exclusivity status.
In light of the fast releases of such immensely expensive titles, we decided to filter out the best of the best and give you our take on some of the world’s most expensive items, ranging from sport cars, yachts to corporate jets, so as to get these extremely luxurious and exclusive goods into perspective.
- Bugatti Veyron: Considered as one of the world’s fastest, trendiest and most powerful sports car, the Bugatti Veyron is also the world’s most expensive sports car, carrying a price tag of a whopping $1.7 million. The Veyron has been designed and developed by Bugatti Automobiles SAS and tops out at 407.9 km/h (253.5 mph). Bugatti Veyron has been named after the legendary racing driver, Pierre Veyron, who is well renowned for his incredible win at the 24 hours of Le Mans in 1939.
- Prestige HD Television: When you combine your product with the marvelous artistry of Stuart Hughes from Goldstriker International, you are bound to get a product that in one word is, Elite. The same happened with the LCD television from Prestige HD that, after a remodeling effort by Stuart Hughes, turned into the world’s most expensive TV with a price tag of $2.5 million. The frame of the TV is studded with 72 flawless 1ct IF diamonds and the entire television set is adorned with 28 kilograms of solid 18ct rose gold.
- Bombardier Global Express XRS: If you are the CEO of a major corporation or simply have a lot of cash lying around to spend on luxury, then the Bombardier Global Express XRS corporate jet is the perfect fit for you. Available at staggering $48 million, the XRS business jet is the world’s most expensive corporate aircraft, that not only punches a hole in your pocket, but also in the skies, cruising at an incredible 51,000 feet at near Mach 1. The XRS is also widely considered to be the most luxurious and powerful of corporate jets, at the same time being the fastest and most reliable as well.
- MacBook Air ‘Supreme Fire Edition’: Yet another incredible creation of mastery from Stuart Hughes, the MacBook Air ‘Supreme Fire Edition’ has now become the world’s most expensive laptop with an insane price tag of $340,000. This all new MacBook is embedded with 25.5 cts of ‘I’F’ Flawless diamonds and Mr. Hughes has adorned the Apple logo on the laptop with 24ct gold along with 53 individually set sparkling gems.
- iPhone 3GS Supreme: Apple iPhone 3GS, that has been widely regarded as one of the most sough after smart phones in the world, is now also the world’s most expensive mobile phone. Thanks to Stuart Hughes of Goldstriker International, the all new iPhone 3GS Supreme comes with a price tag of a mind blowing $3.2 million and the casing of the phone alone is made of 271 grams of 22 carat high grade gold. The front panel of the iPhone 3GS Supreme is embedded with 136 breathtaking 68 carat flawless diamonds and a 7.1 carat diamond replaces the main navigation button on the device.
- Megayacht Eclipse: Designed and developed exclusively for the Russian billionaire tycoon, Roman Abramovich, the megayacht, Eclipse is not only the world’s most expensive yacht with a price tag of nearly $800 million, but is also the world’s biggest mega yacht spanning an incredible 557 feet in length. The Eclipse comes equipped with a military grade missile detection system, bulletproof glass, two helipads, 11 guest cabins, two swimming pools, three launch boats, an aquarium, and a mini submarine.